Using special characters
Entering special characters
You can enter special characters into your Entries by using the character map button. This in a button with the Ω (Omega) symbol at the far right of the second row of buttons in the text editor for the Entry edit page. Alternatively, you can paste characters from a different source (such as Word or even from this page). The list of characters provided by the character map on the Entry edit page are as follows:
∫ ∑ ∏ √ − ± ∞ ≈ ∝ ≡ ≠ ≤ ≥ × · ÷ ∂ ′ ″ ∇ ‰ ° ∴ ø ∈ ∩ ∪ ⊂ ⊃ ⊆ ⊇ ¬ ∧ ∨ ∃ ∀ ⇒ ⇔ → ↔ ↑ ℵ ∉
α β γ δ ε ζ η θ ι κ λ μ ν ξ ο π ρ σ ς τ υ φ χ ψ ω Γ Δ Θ Λ Ξ Π Σ Φ Ψ Ω
Umlauts and accents
À Á Â Ã Ä Å Æ Ç È É Ê Ë Ì Í Î Ï Ñ Ò Ó Ô Õ Ö Ø Ù Ú Û Ü ß à á â ã ä å æ ç è é ê ë ì í î ï ñ ò ó ô œ õ ö ø ù ú û ü ÿ
¿ ¡ « » § ¶ † ‡ • - – —
™ © ® ¢ € ¥ £ ¤
What to do next
- To find out how to create a Entry, see Creating eNotebook entries.
- To find out how more about formatting a Entry, see Formatting an eNotebook entry.
- For information on editing a Entry and viewing previous versions of a Entry, see Editing an eNotebook entry and viewing revisions.
- To find out how to create links to other Entries and external resources in your Entry, see Linking to other eNotebook entries and Linking to external resources.
- To find out how to attach data files and pictures to your Entries, see Uploading data.
- For guidance on creating Entries for recording experiments, see Recording experiments.