Adding comments to eNotebook entries
You can add comments to a Entry and respond to other comments added to a Entry. You can format the comment in the same way that you format a Entry, see Formatting an eNotebook entry. You can also add comments to images in your Entries, see Adding comments to images.
To comment on a Entry:
- Locate the Entry to which you want to add a comment.
- Click the title of the Entry or Comments at the end of the Entry to display the Entry page.
- Navigate to the Add comment to Post section at the bottom of the Entry.
- (Optional) Change the Title of the comment.
- Enter the Text for your comment and format as required.
- Click Submit to save the comment. The comment is added below the Entry.
Amending a comment
You can edit comments that you make if you decide to change or include additional content. To amend a comment:
- Locate the comment that you want to change.
- Click Edit Comment.
- Make the change to your comment Title or Text.
- Enter a Reason For Edit
- Click Save to save the changes to your comment.
You can not upload images or other files to a comment, but you can link to a data file that has already been uploaded to the Trove. Each uploaded file is assigned a unique numeric code, for example, 688. You can type the unique code in data markup to create a link to that data file within your comment. For example, to create a link to a file with the unique code 688, you would type the following into your comment at the appropriate location:
To find the unique code for a data file:
- Click on the data file to open the file in the browser.
- Record the value shown in the title bar for the new window.
- The unique code for the data file is the number part of the name of the html file. For example, if the title of the window is displayed as
http://yourblog/data/files/27654.html, the unique code for the data file is 27654.
- You would therefore enter the following text in your Entry to create a link to that data file:
What to do next
- Finding items in the eNotebook
- Collaborating in LabTrove
- Adding comments to images
- Subscribing to recent activity
- Using the RSS feeds