Linking to other eNotebook entries
You can link your Post to other Posts in the Trove. They can help any readers of your blog to find important related information. For example, it can be useful to link from an experiment to the reagents used and the results. You can choose to link to Posts within the same E-notebook or a different E-notebook.
To add a link to an existing Post:
- Create a new Post or edit a Post.
- At the position in the Post where you want to link to the existing Post, click the Insert link to blog post button. The Link to a Post window is displayed.
- (Optional) If you want to link to a Post from another E-notebook, select the E-notebook from the list of available E-notebooks. If you have access to the E-notebook the list of Post titles is displayed.
- (Optional) You can find the Posts to link to by using the links under Archives, Sections, and other metadata headings. Click on the links to see Posts in each category.
- When you have found the Post to which you want to link, click on the Post title. A link to the Post is added.
- Click Publish to save and publish your Post. If you are editing a Post you must enter a Reason for Edit before you can submit the Post.
The title of the Post you have linked to is shown in your saved Post. A return link to your new Post is added to the bottom of the linked Post.
If a Post has other Posts that link to it, a chain icon, with a Linked Posts link, is displayed near to the title of the Post. Click on the chain icon or Linked Posts link to view the list of Post titles that link to the selected Post.
What to do next
- Upgrading to use the Claddier plugin to enable linking to/from Posts in other Troves
- Editing an eNotebook entry and viewing revisions
- Linking to external resources
- Uploading data
- Creating a sketch
- To find out how to use metadata effectively in your E-notebook, see Using metadata
- You can create template Posts to help you record consistent information for different experiments. For more information, see Recording repeated processes.