Configuring a LabTrove Instance
Owing to the evolution of LabTrove e-Notebooks as a blog-based system, some internal variables do still use the term blog.
Configuring a Trove
When LabTrove starts, it loads two style sheets: the first - style.css - defines the standard layout for all Troves; the second - default/style.css - defines the presentation, or branding, of an individual Trove.
To create your own branding, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the docs/style directory
- Make a new directory, for example: mkdir my_style
- Copy all four files from the default directory into your new directory
- If you do not want to change one or more of the files, edit the file to include the corresponding file from the default directory, for example, as in style_red/index.php (The style_red directory is an example of modified branding, in which only the style.css file differs from the default set)
- Navigate to the install directory
- Edit the config.php file and modify the line that sets blog_style, for example:
$ct_config['blog_style'] = 'my_style';
When you upgrade to a newer version of LabTrove, the update process - whether manual or automatic (for version 2.2 only) - replaces the docs/style/default directory, which is why you must make your own new directory if you want to alter the branding of your Trove.